New Program Stream: Online Graduate Diploma in Public Administration.
The Application for the 2022 Online Graduate DPA Program will OPEN October 2021
Applications for the Fall 2022 entry will open in October 2021 and close on January 30, 2022 (for Online GDPA only).
- Graduate DPA Students:
Start the online application here
Once you are in the application select the following:
- Academic Program: Public Administration
- Academic Degree: Graduate Diploma in Public Administration - online
- Admit Term: 2022 Fall Graduate
- Academic Load: Part-Time
The application to the Graduate DPA program is managed by the School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (SGPS) at Western. When you click the APPLY NOW button above you will be taken to the SGPS application page where you will get all the details on the application components. The have also set up an application help center. You can contact them with any questions about the application at 519-850-2341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Regular Application Components
The Graduate DPA application will ask you for the following components:
- Personal Information
- Academic History
- References (1)
- Application Fee $125
- Supplemental Documents Required by the Program
- Letter of Intent
- Proficiency in English Scores (if applicable)
Supplemental Documents Required by the Program
- Academic History - Transcripts
During the application process, you are allowed to upload unofficial copies of your transcripts (including unofficial records such as a grade report printout).
* Note: If you are made an offer of admission, you will be required to submit formal, official transcripts from your institution directly to Western University’s School of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
- Reference Letter
- You will enter the contact information for your reference and they will be invited to complete an online reference form. No hard copy letters are required.
- Letter of Intent
- We ask for you to write a personal 2-3 page letter outlining your interest in studying Local Government Public Administration and why you make a good candidate to the program. Strong letters outline what experience/perspective the student brings to the program and how the program will assist the student in career development. This usually requires knowledge about the program offerings which you can find in the Courses section of the Local Government Program website.
- A resume detailing your relevant education, work, professional development, and/or community involvement is required.
Information Session - 2021
On May 28, 2021 we held an information session for possible applicants to the program. Here is a link to the recorded session for those who missed it: